A few of you have been asking me where I am these days, so I'm going to keep you posted with a blog. I'll start with the first Philippines trip of 2010, and I'll be updating regularly. Life on the road is usually pretty boring - 12 hours of work plus dinner - so don't worry...you won't be reading an hourly journal.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Prelude: The Commute from Hell

I'm off again tomorrow morning to Manila. Looking forward to this trip a lot, with a couple of promising leaders in place and a nice pipeline of candidates to meet. The PDOC (Philippines Development and Operations Center) is beginning to take shape!

Unfortunately, there's no non-stop to Hong Kong tomorrow, so my trip is as follows: 3:30AM pick-up to the airport. Then 4 flights: Newark/Houston, Houston/Honolulu, Honolulu/Guam, and Guam/Manila. I should arrive at my Manila hotel at about 10AM Monday morning, eastern time. So I have a 4-plane, 30-hour commute to look forward to. Let's see how cranky I can get...

I'll be in Manila about 8 days. Then a one-night stop in Hong Kong for a couple of meetings, then on to India, for 2 days in Pune with Synechron, our strategic staffing partner. Back home on the 27th. Will update this site with any adventures in the Philippines, hopefully none involving medical care!

No comments:

Post a Comment